A University Re-brands
For the new campus of a business school in Vienna, six international architects design a series of innovative buildings. [via]
Description by picture, top to bottom:
- 1 & 2: Angled at 35 degrees, Zaha Hadid’s 300,000-square-foot library and Learning Center asserts itself on the central square.
- 3 & 4: A Cor-Ten-clad building by BUSarchitektur houses lecture halls and a pair of atria that bring daylight inside.
- 5: Carme Pinós designed her building as a set of narrow parallelograms connected at a central point.
- 6: Hitoshi Abe created a layered plan for his Student Center.
- 7: CRAB studio’s colorful building snakes around a series of courtyards and outdoor spaces.
- 8: Eduardo Arroyo’s firm NO.MAD stacked a group of boxes for its Executive Academy in the northwest corner of the campus.
- 9: The campus sits between the rectangular buildings of the Messe Exhibition Center and Prater park.